How to leave a gift in your Will
Providing for your family and friends is the most important thing to consider when writing a Will. However, once they have been considered you may wish to leave a gift to support our work. There are a number of ways you can remember Hft in your Will:
- A residuary legacy or percentage of your estate is the most helpful gift. It is the remainder of your estate after gifts, taxes and expenses, and has the added benefit of keeping pace with inflation.
- A gift of a fixed sum of money is referred to as a pecuniary legacy. This can be of any size you wish.
- You may choose to leave a particular named item known as a specific legacy, for example, a piece of jewellery.
The following information will need to be included in your Will when leaving a gift to Hft:
- Registered charity name: HF Trust Ltd
- Registered charity number: 313069
- Registered Address: 5/6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol BS16 7FL
We fully appreciate that many people will want to leave a gift in their Will to directly benefit one of our services. This is entirely your decision, however it is very important that these requests are if possible stated as a preference – or as we refer to it, a wish – and not a condition/restriction of the gift.
Restrictive gifts may prevent Hft from receiving your very special gesture of support in the future if a particular service or house should cease to exist. This could mean that your gift may not be received by Hft.
The Goodwill Partnership
We realise that writing a Will can seem like a daunting task, so we have teamed up with The Goodwill Partnership to help make it easier and more affordable for you.
If you choose to sign up, you’ll be visited at home by a trained professional who will record your instructions and discuss your wishes in detail. Your instructions will then be passed to one of their panel solicitors who will provide you with your Will.
Following a free no-obligation visit, the price for a single Will is £125 + VAT (or £123 + VAT for a partner’s or spouse’s Will).
For more information or to arrange an appointment please call The Goodwill Partnership on 0844 669 6148 quoting ‘Hft’, or visit www.thegoodwillpartnership.co.uk
Including Hft in your existing Will
Alternatively, you might be considering leaving us a gift by making changes to your existing Will. This could be done by simply adding a ‘codicil’ to your Will.
If you would like to amend your Will to include Hft, please let us know and we will send you one of our codicil forms.
Including a gift in your Will to Hft is really easy to do
We’d be happy to talk you through the process, or you could request a copy of our free leaflet, which will tell you everything you need to know. Please call Katie Tennyson on 0117 906 1786 or complete our enquiry form to request more information.