2nd - Mrs Alexandria Elsegood.
3rd - Mr Philippe Watine
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why does Hft run prize draws?
Prize draws are a great way to raise money for our work. They attract lots of people because they’re fun to play and offer the chance to win fantastic prizes.
2. Can I really win the prizes?
Yes. Our prize draws are run according to rules set out by both the Institute of Fundraising and Fundraising Standards Board. So you can rest assured that if your number is drawn as a winning number you will definitely win a prize! If any prizes remain unclaimed, they’ll go towards funding our charitable work.
3. What are my chances of winning?
Every entry has an equal chance of winning, so it depends on how many other people take part. There are extra prizes to be won by people who reply quickly, so your chances of winning a prize increase if you reply by the stated deadline.
4. How can you afford to give away big prizes?
The prize money we give away is actually a small fraction of the amount we raise through the prize draw mailing. Because prize draws are so popular, it means we can give away fantastic prizes while still raising money to help all the people who we support to live the life they choose to.
5. Isn’t sending me a prize draw a waste of money?
No, we make sure that all of our communications are low-cost and economical to produce.
6. How will I know if I’ve won?
If you’ve won a major prize, we’ll contact you as soon as possible after the entry closing date to arrange delivery. If you’ve won a smaller prize, we’ll let you know by letter. A complete list of the names and towns of main prize winners will appear on our website 28 days after the draw.
7. Do I have to give a donation to Hft?
No, but we’d be so grateful if you did! The reason we run prize draws is to raise funds for our work supporting people with learning disabilities across England.
8. Do you have any kind of prize draw guarantee?
Yes, because we’re members of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB), you can rest assured that all of our prizes and prize winners are real.
9. Who do I talk to if I’m not happy with Hft’s draw?
If you have any questions about our prize draw, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll do all we can to help.
10. How can I tell if a prize draw is genuine?
Sadly, there are dishonest companies who replicate charity prize draws to try to con people out of money. If you’re worried about a prize draw mailing that you’ve received, here’s what to look out for:
- You should never have to pay to enter a prize draw, and any donation should be voluntary. If you’re asked to pay a tax, delivery or administration fee to receive your prize, it means the draw is fraudulent.
- If the offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is. For example, if you’re told that you’ve already won a prize in a draw you haven’t even entered, that’s simply impossible.
- You should be wary of companies that don’t give you contact details such as a phone number and email address, or where there is only a PO Box address.
- Be cautious if you are asked to call a premium rate number (starting with 090). The cost of the phone call could be more than the value of the prize.
- Every communication from a charity, including a prize draw, should have a Registered Charity Number.
If you think you might have been conned, contact Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 or Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
Prize Draw Rules
1. The Prize Draw is organised by Hft (HF Trust Ltd), a charity registered in England with registered charity number 313069 and with company number 734984. Entry is by invitation only and is open only to residents of the United Kingdom and British Islands that are over the age of 18 years.
2. Employees of Hft or of other companies connected with the running of the Prize Draw, and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
3. Winning entries will be selected at random from all valid entries received by the closing date. The first entry drawn shall receive the Grand Prize of £5,000 cash; the second entry drawn shall receive the first prize of £500 cash; the third entry drawn shall receive the second prize of £250 cash.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on 04/11/2015 (the closing date). No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost in the post, or that are not received by the closing date. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. Illegible, incomplete, corrupted and defaced entries will be disqualified. Proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. There is no obligation to enclose a donation to Hft to be eligible for any of the prizes in this Prize Draw.
6. Winners of prizes will be notified by post within 28 days of the closing date.
7. Winners must claim their prize and provide satisfactory evidence of their identity and residential address within two months of the winners’ notification letters being sent. If no claim is made, the prize will be forfeited and Hft shall reallocate the prize to the next randomly drawn valid entry.
8. Details of the winner and prize will be sent to anyone supplying a stamped addressed envelope to: Hft, 5-6 Brook Office Park, Folly Brook Road, Emersons Green, Bristol BS16 7FL.
9. Hft reserves the right to use the name(s) of the winner(s) in an abbreviated form and a photograph of the winner(s) in any future Prize Draw mailings. The winner(s), if requested, will provide a photograph of themselves suitable for publication and consent to their name, photograph and winning results being published in future promotions concerning the Prize Draw.
10. The decision of Hft as to any interpretation of these rules or prize award or eligibility to receive a prize is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results of the Prize Draw. Hft reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Amended rules will be made available at www.hft.org.uk/prizedraw
11. This Prize Draw is run in accordance with the guidelines of the Direct Marketing Association.
12. Hft reserves the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached these rules.
13. By returning the Prize Draw documentation and thus participating, you accept that you are bound by these rules.
Bonus Draw Rules
14. Bonus Draw entries returned within 7 days of receipt will be included in the Bonus Draw, and 10 winners will be selected at random from these entries. The response deadline will be calculated from the date of receipt to each entrant. The Bonus Draw will be drawn at the end of the campaign period, and will consist of all valid Bonus Draw entries received during that period. All Bonus Draw entries will also be included in the main draw.
- Mr A Sonji
- Mrs B Anderson
- Mr E Gibson
- Mrs N Khan
- Mr J Glasonbury
- Miss H Patel
- Miss A Smith
- Miss M Hughes
- Mr D Garner
- Mr H Wickison
Hft’s Summer Prize Draw Winners
- Mr T Keane
- Mrs A Webb
- Mrs S Brown
- Mrs N Boyle
- Mrs J Loving
- Mr T Marshall
- Mrs D Williamson
- Mrs W Betts
- Mr R Nigam
- Miss J Mayor
- Mrs D Whelan
- Mr C Coysh
- Mrs R Wellington
- Miss L Growns
- Mr J Bishop
- Mrs M Reid
- Mr J Clark