Job Description - Relief Personal Assistant
As a Worker for Hft you will be requested to cover shifts on an ad hoc basis. You are not an employee of Hft and remain a ‘Worker’ for the duration of each individual contract you undertake for Hft. Whilst carrying out work for Hft you are expected to comply with the following duties at all times.
You will report to the Operational Manager, Service Manager, Senior Support Worker or Senior Supported Living Worker and they will inform you of your specific areas of work and responsibilities.
One to one meetings
You will be invited to attend one-on-one meetings with the Operation Manager, Service Manager, Senior Support Worker or Senior Supported Living Worker. You may also be invited to join a group meeting with the staff team.
Purpose of the Job
To work within Hft’s Vision and Mission, values, Worker Guidelines and Relief Workers’ Handbook, to assist in the creation of an environment in which all individuals receive the highest possible standards of support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You must carry out all duties and responsibilities to the appropriate statutory requirements and internal guidelines
Support for Individuals
You will need to:
1. Offer the highest levels of support to individuals at all times
2. Promote the well-being and general health of individuals and help create surroundings in which the individual feels secure
3. Contribute to the individual you work with and their general development. This will include the personal, social, occupational and leisure development
4. Provide emotional and practical support for individuals for everyday issues, and when individuals are faced with difficult decisions or experiences
5. Assist and/or support individuals with all aspects of their financial management as required, eg paying bills, claiming benefits, purchasing clothes, presents etc
6. Support individuals with their household work
7. Prompt or assist individuals in aspects of personal care with sensitivity, respect and dignity, where necessary and as required by their condition, culture and wishes
8. Undertake sleep-in duties or waking night duties on the premises, when required
9. Act as secondary person when accompanying individuals on holiday, when required
10. Understand the principals and systems of communication between individuals and their parents, relatives and friends
11. Start, reply and maintain contact with other professionals or agencies
12. Complete all records and carry out appropriate general administration duties as required
13. Know and work within relevant legislation, eg Health and Safety at Work Act
14. Prepare for and participate in one-to-to meetings, review meetings and other meetings you may be invited to
15. Have a duty to adhere to the Relief Workers’ Handbook, Hft’s Information and Guidance for Relief Workers document, Health and Safety policies, standards and guidelines at all times
16. Undertake all training as required
17. Maintain the confidentiality of all information about individuals at all times
18. Undertake such other duties as appropriate.