Registration Fee: £399
Minimum sponsorship: £4,340
Mount Kilimanjaro is the world’s tallest free-standing mountain at 5,895m, towering over the sandy plains of Tanzania. This breath-taking trek will guide you up the tranquil Machame route where you will hike through deep forest stretching up to moorland and towards glaciers before reaching the Uhuru Peak.
Your challenge will begin at the Machame gate trekking through the rainforest to reach Machame camp. In the morning you will continue your trek across moorland to the Shira Caves, taking in stunning views of Mount Meru and Kibo on your way. After spending the night in the caves you will make your way to the Lava Tower, on to the Arrow glacier and from there to Barranco camp. After your final stop in the Karanga Valley you will begin your ascent to Stella Point by sunrise and, as your eyes adjust to the light, you will see spectacular views of glaciers and ice-fields, before continuing your trek to the Uhuru summit – the roof of Africa!
‘’Looking ahead of me on summit night and seeing all those head torches zig-zagging up the mountain is something I will never forget. And when we all chatted afterwards about the massive difference we were making to the lives of the disabled people supported by the charity, it gave us all a real glow.’’ – Emma, Fundraising Director
Why join #TeamExtreme?
We’re here to help people with learning disabilities live life on their own terms, and the money you raise through sponsorship will make a big different in helping us to achieve this. The practical help support and encouragement we offer gives the people we support a chance to find more enjoyment, comfort and satisfaction in life. It’s about helping people to have the kind of life we might want for ourselves, or for our loved ones.
As a member of #TeamExtreme you will receive:
- An exclusive Team Hft Welcome pack
- A Wooshping wristband to support your fundraising
- An Hft T-shirt
- Telephone and email support
- Fundraising hints and tips
If you have ever wanted to do an exhilarating challenge for charity here is your chance.
For the full itinerary and further information please click.
For updates on this and our other events please see our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
1. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Sign up online
2. The first 80% of the sponsorship level is due 12 weeks before the event.
3. All fundraising incurs costs. The tour costs are approximately 50% of the minimum sponsorship level. Costs are confirmed 8 weeks before departure.
4. All participants are responsible for their own passports, visas, vaccinations and travel insurance which you must have. Once you have booked your place our experienced staff will help you make these arrangements.
5. Skyline Events and the charity act as agents for Skyline Tour Operations Ltd
(ATOL protected 10069).
Charlotte RueContact number:
0117 906 1699Email address: